MIAMI – AUGUST 8, 2022 – TelevisaUnivision, the world’s leading Spanish-language content and media company, today announced that three new series, “Colapso” (working title), “Isla Brava”, and “Senda Prohibida,” and one new documentary film, “Absoluta” are currently in production. Each of the four original productions will be exclusively available on ViX+, the new premium Spanish-language subscription streaming service.
“From thrilling mysteries to heartwarming personal stories, these new original productions represent a sample of the breadth of incredible Spanish-language storytelling you can only find on ViX+,” said Rodrigo Mazon, Executive Vice President and General Manager of ViX+. “With over 70 originals available in its first year, ViX+ has an array of content for everyone and a consistently high standard of quality for its productions. We know these are expertly crafted stories that our subscribers will get wrapped up in and fall in love with.”
The ViX+ Originals include:
“Colapso” (Collapse) Working Title – Series
- “Collapse” is a Spanish-language adaptation of the French dystopian mini-series “L’Effondrement,” which was nominated for the International Emmy Awards. An intense story told from the perspective of an eclectic group of characters, offering a window into the societal repercussions that take place when the entire financial, technological, political, and environmental systems of a city like Mexico City collapse entirely. (Production: Perro Azul).
“Isla Brava” (Brave Island) Working Title – Series
- The same night that Lucia decides to confess to her husband Alfredo that she is having an affair with his younger brother Bruno, Alfredo mysteriously disappears without a trace. Without a body or any signs of violence, a detective must use unorthodox methods to solve the case and Lucia must protect herself and her children from imminent danger. Soon, the investigation of Alfredo’s disappearance sheds new light on a dark, secret life full of greed, blackmail, gambling debts and an unexpected discovery revealing a perverse family secret. (Production: Onza).
“Senda Prohibida” (Forbidden Path) – Series
- Produced by Giselle González (“Cuna de Lobos,” “Caer en Tentación,” “Imperio de Mentiras”), this modern reimagining of Televisa’s very first novela, focuses on Nora, who destroys a happy family to achieve the life of style and luxury she’s always dreamed of. Set in a time when women were merely decorative objects, Nora Lopez – or Corina, as she is known in the underworld of cabaret –, is determined to achieve the wealth she always dreamed of and nothing will stop her. From manipulating men with her pristine beauty to pitting
- a father against his own son, she is willing to destroy the love of a family and bring them to an abyss where any one of them will have to risk their own life. (Production: Televisa Studios).
“Absoluta” (Absolute) – Documentary Film
- Considered the underdog, the Spanish national soccer team changes forever when two young players, Iker Casillas from Madrid and Xavi Hernández from Barcelona, meet to create one of the best teams the world has seen. These young men will join the best players of their generation to face challenges above egos, individualism and even the biggest “clásico war” between their teams, Real Madrid and FC Barcelona, which threatens to destroy the national team. The documentary features the main stars of the Spanish national soccer team and is directed by Jorge Laplace. (Producción: Prinzi Films).
As part of ViX, the first large-scale streaming service created specifically for the Spanish-speaking world, the new SVOD tier, ViX+ offers exclusive original series, movie premieres, and premium live soccer. ViX+ subscribers have access to more than 10,000 hours of entertainment with more than 70 original series and movies set to be released in the first year, representing, on average, at least one new original premiere per week.
ViX+ is available in the U.S., Mexico, and most of Spanish-speaking Latin America by subscription, online at vixplus.com and via the ViX app, on a variety of platforms and devices, including: Mobile: Apple iOS and Android; tablet: iPad, Android, connected TV: Fire TV, Google TV, Android TV OS, Apple TV, Roku, Samsung TV, DISH TV, and digital subscriptions: Prime Video Channels, YouTube TV, SLING TV, and Izzi (only available in Mexico).